The best thing about wonder trades is sending and receiving Pokemon with ridiculous nicknames <3. As a breeder I wonder trade away a lot of Pokemon with 4-5 perfect IVs that for one reason or another are not quite what I need. I tend to give them names like Almond Flour, Custard Powder, Bell Tower, Batman, etc.
Often what I get in return is trash, which I honestly don’t mind, but every now and then I’m matched up with another breeder who is also doing the same as me, and giving their Pokemon equally silly nicknames. Those are the Pokemon I treasure the most. They represent a generosity of spirit (when I come to reed those Pokemon myself, my job will be so much easier), and a sense of humour. These silly names are a shared joke with a person I’ve never even spoken to, and the names are just so silly. It just makes me really happy.
'I'll post something this week!' She says. Then out landlady tells us he's kicking us out for no reason, my phone completely breaks and a company I did some work for went into administration still owing me £400 which I will probably never see, meaning I've worked around 60 odd hours for free.
I know that yearly divisions are a social construct of limited objective meaning, but damn, psychologically, I can’t wait until this one is over.
Anyway: above, a shot of a finished portion of the baby blanket I’m still working on, plus Cicero’s leg, because he just can’t keep his paws off it.
So I’ve had a pretty rough couple of months, I’ve been quite ill and for a long time couldn’t even contemplate the thought of work of any sort - art, craft or academic. But I’m slowly pulling everything back together and getting more energy.
My impulse is to dive back in and just try and do everything at once, but I’m trying to restrain myself and take things a little slower until I’m sure I’m well enough to handle everything again. Which will hopefully soon, because I’m now at the point of being very frustrated with my inability to get as much done as I would like.
Trying to work on blanket. Cicero says no.
This is the full size of the blanket - all 1,728 squares. (48x36). The second photo gives a truer idea of the colours.
There’s still a lot of work to do assembling it; as you can see from the second photo, the blanket is currently held together in strips, so now I need to go through and join up all the horizontals. And of course, there’s a hella lotta ends to weave in. And then a border to sew. And I need to do it all in about 3 weeks.
So far just sewing together the verticals has taken around 36 hours. I have no idea how long it took me to make all the squares.
20 bunnies finished up over the last 2 days by another artist and myself (the original squares from which the bunnies were made were knitted/crocheted by a larger group of crafters). This is a small part of a far, far larger project that’s in the works.
15 columns in. 21 more to go. (And then I have to go across and sew all the rows together too. And sew in all the ends. And make a border.)
I took a few days off because I need to buy more thread and needles, an because of our minor heat wave. I do not function well in heat.
1,728 tiny squares, all made.
Now to start assembling the blanket. Fun times!